Double Adobe Elementary School History
Double Double Adobe School District is located in the southern part of the Sulphur Springs Valley. The history of the school begins in 1908 according to research done by a former teacher, Ruth Ellis in 1974. The old school building’s first room was built in 1911-1912. Later WPA added the south room, and finally after the end of World War II the auditorium was added using materials from the Douglas-Bisbee Airport. The name Double Adobe came from two large adobe buildings that stood nearby. The buildings, long gone, were used by army scouts who frequently patrolled the territory.
A new school was built by the Arizona School Facility Board
The school district is a small rural district with
kindergarten through sixth grades.